St. Isaac Jogues Catholic School was established in St. Clair Shores in 1956. During the 1956-1957 school year, 154 students were enrolled in grades 5 through 8. From 1960 through 1974, students were enrolled in grades 3 through 8, reaching a peak enrollment during the 1964-65 school year of 1,141 students. First and second grades were added in 1974, and kindergarten in 1981. Since the late 1970's enrollment remained stable with between 325 and 400 students enrolled each year. The Sisters of Divine Providence were assigned to St. Isaac Jogues through the mid-1990's, but now all faculty are lay persons.
St. Isaac Jogues Catholic School is located in the center of the city of St. Clair Shores, in the Lakeview Public School District. The surrounding middle-class neighborhood is composed primarily of single-family brick homes. The population age is balanced, with a mix of young families, families with high school and college age students and senior citizens. There are a number of small businesses along Harper and Little Mack, but the school itself is located in the center of the neighborhood.